He commands my respect for many of his attributes, but his driving technique remains an unknown to m...
Trump 'working' with Xi Jinping to save jobs at Chinese company hit by US ban
- Donald Trump said Sunday he has instructed his commerce department to help get a Chinese telecommunications company “back into business”, after his government cut off access to its US suppliers.
- At issue is that department’s move last month to block ZTE, a major supplier of telecoms networks and smartphones based in southern China, from importing American components for seven years.
- Trump, who has taken a hard line on trade and technology issues with Beijing amnd campaigned relentlessly on protecting jobs in the US, tweeted on Sunday that he and Chinese leader Xi Jinping were “working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast.
- ZTE has asked the US commerce department to suspend the seven-year ban on doing business with US technology exporters.
- By cutting off access to US suppliers of essential components such as microchips, the ban threatens ZTE’s existence, the company has said.more