'Therapists were relieved when the WHO listed gaming addiction as a mental health condition'
- This new classification of Gaming Disorder means that when worried parents drag their pasty-faced and overweight children in for some counselling that therapists don’t have to play around with words any longer.
- Now we can finally call this issue as we see it and suggest to these weak bodied kids with the thumbs of Mr Universe that they are in danger of falling prey to a serious condition known as Gaming Disorder.
- However this classification isn’t targeting the average gamer who spends a couple of hours every evening happily gaming with his mates; this classification is about behaviour that destroys people’s lives.
- A healthy enthusiasm adds to your life and an unhealthy enthusiasm takes away from it; indeed it is a sign that the gaming is becoming problematic when the person begins to reject their friends so that they can play with more ‘serious gamers’ online.
- There is CCTV footage of another man, Wu Tai, twenty-four years old, slumping in his chair and dying after gaming for 19 consecutive hours.more