Massimiliano Allegri 14. junij 2018 ob 15:00 Ljubljana - MMC RTV SLO Zav...
Saudi World Cup ref gets life ban for match
- REUTERS: Saudi Arabia has banned referee Fahad Al Mirdasi from football for life for a match-fixing attempt, weeks before he was due to fly to Russia to officiate at the World Cup, the country's football federation (SAFF) said in a statement late on Tuesday.
- Al Mirdasi had confessed to offering to fix Saturday's King's Cup final on behalf of the Al Ittihad club, the SAFF said.
- Al Ittihad played Al Faisaly in the King's Cup final at Jeddah's King Abdullah Sports City on Saturday, winning in extra-time in a game refereed by former Premier League official Mark Clattenburg.
- Clattenburg, who was appointed Head of Refereeing at the SAFF last year, stepped in to replace Al Mirdasi on the eve of the game.
- Al Mirdasi has been on the FIFA referees' list since 2011 and officiated at last year's Confederations Cup in Russia.more