Platinum Stars host Jomo Cosmos in their second Premier Soccer League Promotion/Relegation Playoff c...
Rogic out of Celtic's Champions League tie, confirms Rodgers
- Celtic will be without Socceroos midfielder Tom Rogic for the first leg of their UEFA Champions League qualifying tie against Armenian side Alashkert on Wednesday July 11 (AEST), coach Brendan Rodgers has confirmed.
- Rogic has been given two weeks off following the World Cup in Russia, where the Socceroos exited at the group stage after the 2-0 loss to Peru on Tuesday night (AEST).
- Rodgers has confirmed that all the members of the Celtic squad involved in the World Cup, including Dedryck Boyata and Mikael Lustig, will also be afforded two weeks off when their respective campaigns in Russia are complete.
- "He won't be playing in the first leg, it's a long season for us and he's just off the back of World Cup preparation and World Cup group stages, so he'll have two weeks free and then come back fresh and ready for hopefully another exciting season."
- Celtic will have two representatives in the World Cup round-of-16 ties after Sweden and Belgium both advanced into the knockout stages, where Boyata's side will tackle Japan and Lustig's Sweden will face Switzerland.more