Cardi B and Offset have reportedly already been married for nine months but have kept it a secret. ...
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Wedding Cake Breaks with Centuries of Royal Tradition
- Next month, to mark the occasion of Prince Harry’s marriage to Meghan Markle, Julien’s, the L.A.-based “auction house to the stars,” will be selling five cake slices from “iconic” British royal weddings past.
- The lot includes a slice of brandy-infused fruitcake from the 2011 marriage of Harry’s brother, William, to Kate Middleton (estimated price $600-800), and one from the wedding of the boys’ parents, Prince Charles and Diana ($800-1200), sold with a paper doily and an envelope, addressed to its original recipients, marked with Queen Elizabeth’s royal stamp.
- Eighteen years later, the wedding of Victoria’s daughter Vicky, to Prince Frederick William of Prussia, featured the first multi-tiered royal-wedding cake.
- For Kate and William’s wedding, the groom asked for a special extra cake of melted dark chocolate and broken Rich tea biscuits, but the couple’s main wedding cake would not have looked out of place on a Victorian banqueting table.
- But as Harry is the younger brother, unlikely to ever become King, he and his bride can afford certain small freedoms—and their cake, baked by Claire Ptak, of the hip East London shop Violet Bakery, may be the sharpest departure of all.more