The Duke of Edinburgh has left hospital after 11 days following his successful hip operation. Princ...
No more birds’ nests living quarters for the poor — Zuraida
- Click to print (Opens in new window) Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window) Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) KUALA LUMPUR: The National Community Policy that the Housing and Local Government Ministry is to launch in August may propose bigger living quarters for the poor, said Minister Zuraida Kamaruddin.
- She said it may be proposed that the living quarters at the People’s Housing Project (PPR) flats be at least 900 sq ft in size instead of the current 600 sq ft. “I do not want the PPR living quarters and those for the B40 group to be small like birds’ nests,” she said in an interview with Bernama.
- Zuraida said the National Community Policy would serve as a reference for solving local community development issues.
- Zuraida said the policy was important to build a developed nation based on the mentality of the people, the way they managed their life and the environment so as to symbolise a progressive and mature nation.
- The measures in the policy would be implemented first in the housing areas under the jurisdiction of the ministry and then expanded to other agencies and sectors, she added.more