Syrians displaced near capital recall years of deprivation ...
Kaduna killings: Nigeria Police deploy 3 additional units in Birnin Gwari
- The Kaduna State Police Command on Monday announced the deployment of three additional police mobile units to reinforce security in Birnin Gwari where 45 people were killed on Saturday in Gwaska village.
- The Command’s spokesman, Mukhtar Aliyu told the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, in Kaduna that no arrest has been made, but that efforts were on to track down the killers.
- He said, “The policemen were detailed to comb the area for the killers and other criminals”.
- Meanwhile, the Kaduna State Government had also, in a statement, said an Army battalion would be permanently deployed in the area to check the killings.
- The statement added that the government has directed the State Emergency Management Agency to immediately provide relief materials to the affected community.more