Samsung may not be having a good time in the low-end and mid-range smartphone segments in India...
Fix on the way for OnePlus 6 bootloader security flaw
- A security researcher has discovered a vulnerability in the OnePlus 6 bootloader.
- The flaw makes it possible for someone to boot arbitrary or modified images -- even if the bootloader is locked.
- From here is would be possible to load a modified boot image, including one that has root access.
- He notes that if a boot image is modified with insecure ADB and ADB as root by default, it would be possible for an attacker to gain complete control over a handset.
- In a tweet, Edge Security showed off the vulnerability in action: With no special requirements beyond having physical access to the device so it can be hooked up to a PC, is this something that OnePlus 6 owners should be worried about?more