For the second straight year, Cristiano Ronaldo is the primary cover athlete for EA's FIFA seri...
- KOLKATA: The long 'partnership' between East Bengal and the United Breweries Group is coming to end.The Bengaluru-based company informed East Bengal club officials vide a letter on Monday that it would no longer be the part of the Kingfisher East Bengal Football Team Private Limited, ending its two-decade-long association with the club.
- The UB Group , however, is willing to continue its association with the club as a co-sponsor.
- Hopefully, legal and other formalities will be completed before the start of the I-League ," East Bengal general-secretary Kalyan Majumdar said at the club tent on Monday.
- "In the meantime, the club will play under its original name - 'East Bengal' - without any title sponsor in the local league and other tournaments," he added.The UB Group entered into a partnership with both East Bengal and Mohun Bagan in 1998 and backed the two clubs as their title sponsors - albeit under different brands.The group severed its ties with Mohun Bagan in 2016 and their association with East Bengal became untenable when they proposed a heavy cut in the sponsorship amount - from Rs 3.5 crore to Rs 1.5 crore - for the upcoming season during a meeting last month.
- "We are in talks with several sponsors and will take a call in due course," Majumdar added.However, the first task for East Bengal management is to form a new company and meet the mandatory club licensing criterion ahead of I-League asked about this, Majumdar pointed out: "Several companies are willing to join us as title-sponsors.more