BEIJING/HONG KONG (Reuters) - Chinese smartphone and connected device maker Xiaomi [IPO-XMGP.HK] is ...
Are You Really Allergic to Sugar? Or is That Just More Anti-Food Propaganda?
- There’s no real need to cut out all sugars if you only experience symptoms when consuming certain types.
- Here is a list of seven of the most common sugars found in everything you eat: Xylose: A type of sugar first isolated from wood but is also found in straw and even pecan shells, and has since been classified as pentose sugar (simple sugar).
- If you experience an itching sensation after eating certain foods or condiments, sugar may be the culprit and it’s worth being evaluated by nutritionist or GI (Gastrointestinal) specialist to find out exactly what’s going on; and if a certain type of sugar could be at the root of the problem that’s producing the symptom.
- People who experience some level of discomfort after eating things with sugar, no matter the source, “are usually intolerant to certain types of sugars rather than all sugars,” states Lisa Moskovitz, R.D., CEO NY Nutrition Group.
- Those who are truly allergic to sugar, like with any food allergy, will experience allergy symptoms almost immediately after eating the food.more