One popular ARKit dragon app. PlaySide ...
Apple addresses "defective" Macbook butterfly keyboards that caused class action lawsuit
- Apple has officially addressed the flaws with the keyboards included in Macbook and Macbook Pros that caused customers to file a class action lawsuit last month.
- To help address the problem, Apple launched the keyboard service program, where Apple or one of its authorised service providers will service eligible keyboards for free.
- Apple said the type of service will depend after it has been examined and could include replacing multiple keys or a full keyboard replacement.
- The butterfly keyboard replaced the traditional scissor-based keyboard in April 2015 with the reimagined Macbook, which reduced key thickness by 40 percent, making it Apple’s thinnest laptop at the time.
- "Apple representatives frequently attempt to pass blame for the defective keyboards to consumers, telling the consumers that their problems are due to dust and debris getting under the keyboard, and that consumers – not Apple – should try to fix this problem."more