There are still some freebies left in yesterday’s post, but we’ve got a fresh batch of p...
- Worries that Facebook and Google hold too much power over the internet are prompting some public calls for anti-monopoly investigations.
- "Facebook is too big, controls too much data, and abuses user privacy—among other things.
- In March, news emerged that a UK political consultancy secretly collected data on millions of Facebook users by exploiting the platform's privacy practices.
- Although Facebook apologized, the incident fanned some anti-tech sentiments against Silicon Valley, sparking the DeleteFacebook movement that briefly encouraged users to drop the platform.
- In Facebook's case, the company has vowed to stop bad actors over the platform.more